Mobile Intel® QM67 Express Chipset
The mobile Intel® QM67 Express Chipset is part of the mobile Intel® 6 Series Chipset family, providing a single-chip architecture and delivers:
- Intel® vPro™ technology for the most secure and manageable mobile business platforms
- Intel® Anti-Theft Technology (Intel® AT) for PC protection that can disable a lost or stolen PC and reactivate it without compromise to the system or data
- Intel® Wireless Display allows you to enjoy all of your personal and online content on a big screen TV with a simple wireless connection
- Blu-ray* logo capable HD video playback, with native support for Blu-ray drives
- Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) with RAID support for enhanced performance, power management, and data protection for the storage subsystem
|Integrated Gigabit Ethernet MAC||
|Features and benefits|
|Intel® Core™ vPro™ processor family||PCs with a processor from the Intel® Core™ vPro™ processor family enable IT to take advantage of hardware-assisted security and manageability capabilities that enhance their ability to maintain, manage, and protect their business PCs.|
|Intel® Active Management Technology (Intel® AMT)||Using built-in platform capabilities and popular third-party management and security applications, Intel® AMT allows IT to better discover, heal, and protect their networked computing assets.|
|Intel® Virtualization Technology (Intel® VT)||Intel® VT, combined with software-based virtualization solutions, provide maximum system utilization by consolidating multiple environments into a single PC. With Intel® vPro™ technology built into PCs, IT can remotely manage systems while providing highly secure, centralized, and virtualized IT services to end users.|
|Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST)||With additional hard drives added, provides quicker access to digital photo, video and data files with RAID 0, 5, and 10, and greater data protection against a hard disk drive failure with RAID 1, 5, and 10. Support for external SATA (eSATA) enables the full SATA interface speed outside the chassis, up to 3 Gb/s.|
|Intel® Rapid Recover Technology (Intel® RRT)||Intel’s latest data protection technology provides a recovery point that can be used to quickly recover a system should a hard drive fail or if there is data corruption. The clone can also be mounted as a read-only volume to allow a user to recover individual files.|
|Intel® Flexible Display Interface (Intel® FDI)||An innovative path for two independently controlled channels of integrated graphics display data to be transported to the mobile Intel® 6 Series Chipset.|
|Support for High Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI), DisplayPort* and DVI||HDMI delivers uncompressed HD video and uncompressed multi-channel audio in a single cable, supporting all HD formats including 720p, 1080i and 1080p. This chipset also supports the DisplayPort* interface with up to 2560 x 1600 resolution.|
|Intel® High Definition Audio (Intel® HD Audio)||Integrated audio support enables premium digital surround sound and delivers advanced features such as multiple audio streams and jack re-tasking.|
|Intel® Anti-Theft Technology (Intel® AT)||Intel® Anti-Theft Technology (Intel® AT) allows systems to be disabled if they are lost or stolen. The technology can be used with or without a connection to the Internet or a corporate network. Intel® AT can block the OS from loading, even if the hard drive is replaced or reformatted. Intel AT can also be used to disable access to data encryption keys and block access to valuable data on the hard drive, even if the drive is moved to a different system.|
|Intel® Wireless Display||With a laptop featuring Intel® Wireless Display you can experience your favorite movies, videos, photos, online shows, and more on your TV with great image clarity and sound.|
|PCI Express* 2.0 interface||Offers up to 5 GT/s for fast access to peripheral devices and networking with up to 8 PCI Express* 2.0 x1 ports, configurable as x2 and x4, depending on motherboard designs.|
|Universal Serial Bus (USB)||Hi-Speed USB 2.0, provides greater enhancement in performance with a design data rate of up to 480 megabits per second (Mbps) with up to 14 USB 2.0 Ports.|
|USB 2.0 rate matching hub||Enables lower power requirements and manages the transition of the communication data rate from the high speed of the host controller to the lower speed of USB full speed/low speed devices.|
|Serial ATA (SATA)* 6 Gb/s and 3 Gb/s||High-speed storage interface supporting up to 6 Gb/s transfer rate for improved data access. Provides up to six SATA ports at 3 Gb/s with up to two ports supporting 6 Gb/s transfer rates.|
|eSATA||SATA interface designed for use with external SATA devices. It provides a link for 3 Gb/s data speeds to eliminate bottlenecks found with current external storage solutions.|
|SATA port disable||Enables individual SATA ports to be enabled or disabled as needed. This feature provides added protection of data by preventing malicious removal or insertion of data through SATA ports. Especially targeted for eSATA ports.|
|USB port disable||Enables individual USB ports to be enabled or disabled as needed. This feature provides added protection of data by preventing malicious removal or insertion of data through USB ports.|
|Intel® integrated 10/100/1000 MAC||Support for the Intel® 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection|
|Green technology||Manufactured with lead-free and halogen-free component packages|
Additional information: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
1. Requires activation and a system with a corporate network connection, an Intel® AMT-enabled chipset, network hardware, and software. For notebooks, Intel AMT may be unavailable or limited over a host OS-based VPN, when connecting wirelessly, on battery power, sleeping, hibernating, or powered off. Results dependent upon hardware, setup, and configuration. For more information, visit www.intel.com/technology/vpro/index.htm.
2. Intel® Virtualization Technology requires a computer system with an enabled Intel® processor, BIOS, and virtual machine monitor (VMM). Functionality, performance, or other benefits will vary depending on hardware and software configurations. Software applications may not be compatible with all operating systems. Consult your PC manufacturer. For more information, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/virtualization/virtualization-technology/hardware-assist-virtualization-technology.html.
3. Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) requires the computer to have an Intel® RST-enabled chipset, the RAID controller in the BIOS enabled, and the Intel RST software driver installed. Please consult your system vendor for more information.
4. Support for RAID 5/10 on mobile available only starting Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) 10.0.
5. Intel® Flexible Display Interface (Intel® FDI) and the chipset graphic display interfaces require a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, and enabling software for the Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator.
6. Requires an Intel® High Definition Audio (Intel® HD Audio) enabled system. Consult your PC manufacturer for more information. Sound quality will depend on equipment and actual implementation. For more information about Intel® HD Audio, refer to www.intel.com/design/chipsets/hdaudio.htm.
7. No system can provide absolute security under all conditions. Requires an enabled chipset, BIOS, firmware, and software with data encryption, and service activation with a capable service provider. Consult your system manufacturer and service provider for availability and functionality. Service may not be available in all countries. Intel assumes no liability for lost or stolen data and/or systems or any other damages resulting thereof. For more information, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/anti-theft/anti-theft-general-technology.html.
8. Intel® Wireless Display requires a compatible Intel®-based laptop PC, a third-party TV adapter featuring Intel® Wireless Display, and a TV with an available HDMI or Composite AV input. Compatible laptop PCs require a select Intel® Core™ processor family CPU. For a complete list of requirements, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/intel-wireless-display.html. Content requiring output protection, such as Blu-ray* and DVD movie playback, is not supported. Check with your PC manufacturer for specific details.