Mobile Computing Solutions with Intel® Core™ vPro™ Processors
Intel Delivers Speed and Security on the Go 1,2
To help deliver the instant communication and access to applications today’s users need, mobile solutions based on Intel® CoreTM vProTM processors and Intel® CoreTM processors extend the limits of mobile computing. No matter where business takes your remote users, Intel-powered mobile solutions keep the experience rich, secure, and productive with features that:
- Protect critical business data by accelerating data encryption up to four times faster without interfering with user productivity3,4
- Deliver an automatic burst of speed whenever users need it5
- Wake clients in a flash, enabling them to return to full operational power within seconds and power down when on standby, saving both time and battery life6
- Provide 2x faster multi-tasking to run multiple applications at optimum speed, enabling users to effortlessly move between applications7
Embedded Security Adds Another Layer of Protection1,2
As the workforce becomes more mobile and users continue to mix personal and professional roles and applications, Intel® CoreTM vProTM processors have stepped up to help protect corporate infrastructure from new, more sophisticated attacks and security breaches. These embedded technologies are available in a variety of thin and light laptops, providing mobile users with a powerful combination of intelligent performance and built-in security.
- Hardware-level policies: Detect suspicious behavior and cut off suspect laptops from the network
- Remote support and monitoring capabilities: Enable help desk staff to access and control users’ computers to resolve issues through all states, including reboot
- Manage threats: Push security updates to users before a breach occurs and diagnose, isolate, and repair infected PCs after a breach takes place8
- Protect identity and access points: Embedded, tamper-resistant two-factor authentication helps secure virtual private network (VPN) access and access to Software as a Service (SaaS) applications9
- Protect against malware and rootkits: Intel® Trusted Execution Technology and Intel® Virtualization Technology provide added protection in both virtual and physical environments10,11,12
- Protect data in the cloud and on mobile PCs: Hardware-based encryption technology generates higher random numbers, making data encryption even more secure for safer online interactions3
Lock Down Lost or Stolen Laptops
With the rapid growth of mobile computing, one of the biggest risks of data loss is through a lost or stolen PC. Intelligent, hardware-based security features can limit the loss of a laptop to only the actual laptop. In other words, they help protect the contents of its missing hard drive. This is done in several ways:
- The PC automatically disables itself locally if it detects a hacker, even before the user has realized it’s been lost or stolen
- If the PC is discovered lost or stolen, but no attempt at hacking has been made, IT can remotely access and lock it down
- A “poison pill” option can be sent via an embedded token that renders missing laptops useless—unauthorized users cannot access the hard drive10
1. Intel® vPro™ technology is sophisticated and requires setup and activation. Availability of features and results will depend upon the setup and configuration of your hardware, software, and IT environment. To learn more visit: www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/vpro/vpro-technology-general.html.
2. No computer system can provide absolute security under all conditions. Built-in security features available on select Intel® processors may require additional software, hardware, services and/or an Internet connection. Results may vary depending upon configuration. Consult your system manufacturer for more details. For more information, see http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/security/security-at-home.html.
3. Intel® AES New Instructions (Intel® AES-NI) requires a computer system with an Intel® AES-NI-enabled processor, as well as non-Intel software to execute the instructions in the correct sequence. Intel® AES-NI is available on select Intel® processors. For availability, consult your reseller or system manufacturer. For more information, see software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-advanced-encryption-standard-instructions-aes-ni.
4. Software and workloads used in performance tests may have been optimized for performance only on Intel® microprocessors. Performance tests, such as SYSmark and MobileMark, are measured using specific computer systems, components, software, operations, and functions. Any change to any of those factors may cause the results to vary. You should consult other information and performance tests to assist you in fully evaluating your contemplated purchases, including the performance of that product when combined with other products. For more information, go to www.intel.com/performance.
5. Requires a system with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology capability. Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 is the next generation of Intel Turbo Boost Technology and is only available on select Intel® processors. Consult your PC manufacturer. Performance varies depending on hardware, software, and system configuration. For more information, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/turbo-boost/turbo-boost-technology.html.
6. Requires a 2nd or 3rd generation Intel® Core™ processor, Intel® software and BIOS update, and Intel® Solid-State Drive (Intel® SSD). Depending on system configuration, your results may vary. Contact your system manufacturer for more information.
7. Available on select Intel® Core™ processors. Requires an Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology (Intel® HT Technology) enabled system. Consult your PC manufacturer. Performance will vary depending on the specific hardware and software used. For more information including details on which processors support HT Technology, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/hyper-threading/hyper-threading-technology.html.
8. Security features enabled by Intel® Active Management Technology (Intel® AMT) require an enabled chipset, network hardware and software and a corporate network connection. Intel AMT may not be available or certain capabilities may be limited over a host OS-based VPN or when connecting wirelessly, on battery power, sleeping, hibernating, or powered off. Setup requires configuration and may require scripting with the management console or further integration into existing security frameworks, and modifications or implementation of new business processes. For more information, visit http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/intel-active-management-technology.html.
9. No system can provide absolute security under all conditions. Requires an Intel® Identity Protection Technology (Intel® IPT) enabled system, including a 2nd or 3rd generation Intel® Core™ processor, enabled chipset, firmware, software, and participating website. Consult your system manufacturer. Intel assumes no liability for lost or stolen data and/or systems or any resulting damages. For more information, visit http://ipt.intel.com.
10. No computer system can provide absolute security. Requires an enabled Intel® processor, enabled chipset, and firmware and software optimized to use the technologies. Consult your system manufacturer and software vendor for more information.
11. No computer system can provide absolute security under all conditions. Intel® Trusted Execution Technology requires a computer system with Intel® Virtualization Technology, an Intel TXT-enabled processor, chipset, BIOS, Authenticated Code Modules and an Intel TXT-compatible measured launched environment (MLE). The MLE could consist of a virtual machine monitor, an OS or an application. In addition, Intel TXT requires the system to contain a TPM v1.2, as defined by the Trusted Computing Group, and specific software for some uses. For more information, see www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/data-security/security-overview-general-technology.html.
12. Intel® Virtualization Technology (Intel® VT) requires a computer system with an enabled Intel® processor, BIOS, and virtual machine monitor (VMM). Functionality, performance, or other benefits will vary depending on hardware and software configurations. Software applications may not be compatible with all operating systems. Consult your PC manufacturer. For more information, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/virtualization/virtualization-technology/hardware-assist-virtualization-technology.html.